GENERAL PRE-OPERATIVE INSTRUCTIONS
- Do not eat or drink anything 7 hours before surgery (including water, gum or candy)
- Do not smoke 12 hours before and after surgery
- No alcoholic beverages 24 hours before and after surgery
- Medication restrictions: consult your doctor
- Do not take Aspirin 48 hours before surgery unless otherwise stated by your doctor
THINGS TO REMEMBER
- Please bring your insurance card and 2 major forms of identification with you (driver license, state ID or passport).
- Leave your jewelry and valuables at home, remove ALL body piercings.
- An adult must be available to drive you home after the surgery; you will not be allowed to drive yourself home.
- If possible, an adult should be home with you after the procedure to assist you in your recovery.
- Do not wear makeup, nail polish, bath oils, lotions, and powders on your face or body- you may use a deodorant.
- Do not shave your surgical site- shaving can irritate your skin, which may lead to infection.
- Prior to surgery your glasses/contacts and dentures may be removed, please bring a case for them.
- Shower with an antibacterial soap like Dial or Lever (bar or body wash) the evening before and prior to your arrival to the center.
- Wear comfortable, loose clothing and shoes that are easy to put on and take off.